Top 5 Greatest Fighting Games Ever
Video Games are one of the most trending things right now. People of all age groups play these video games and are deeply involved. Many Tournaments are organized across the world in which professional gamers participate and play to earn prizes. Video Games come in different genres such as sports, fighting, war, racing etc. Today we will talk about Fighting Games.
Fighting Games can also be called as Combat games in which the player has to make his avatar fight against opponents or enemies during mission or campaign. These games are very engaging and are very popular amongst kids. They are one of the oldest genres of video games and all loved by many. So today we will have a look at the Top 5 Greatest Fighting Games Ever.
5) Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes– This is a crossover fighting game that was developed by Capcom in 2000 and is the fourth installment game in this series. Due to its gameplay, visuals, and character roster, it was considered as one of the best fighting games. Players can choose from both Marvel and Capcom universes and fight against each other.
4) Mortal Kombat ll– This game is the second game in the Mortal Kombat series. The game was released in 1993 by Midway for arcade games and was later ported into Nintendo, Gameboy, Amiga, etc. In this game, players get to see improved gameplay and extra finishing moves and due to this, the game recieved several awards and was a success.
3) Super Street Fighter II: Turbo– This game was released for arcade games in 1994. The game was developed and published by Capcom and is the fifth instalment in Super Street fighter ll series. This was a very improved version with introduction of a new character and received praise from Critics and is the oldest competitive game which still has active tournaments organised and participated by everyone.
2) Street Fighter III: Third Strike– This game is a 2D fighting game released in 1999 for the arcade games. The game was later ported in Xbox, Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 for 10 from 2000 – 2010. This game is the second follow up of Street Fighter III and has introduced five new characters. This game was liked by the critics and was widely loved by every one and is considered as one of the best fighting games.
1) Super Smash Bros. Melee– This game was released in 2001 and was the crossover games developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo for the GameCube. This game got Game of the Year award and sold 7 million copies by 2008 end. It is widely considered as the best fighting game as it has characters from Smash Bros Series and other characters as well.