After a month-long Badminton series that was being conducted in Europe, This is going to be the eighth tournament of the BWF World Tour 2022. The tournament is scheduled to begin on the 5th of April 2022. The BWF 500 is going to be conducted in South Korea in 2 years, the location where the matches will be held is Palma Indoor Stadium, Suncheon, South Korea.
The Korea Open 2022 is going to have its finals held on 10th April 2022. The Indian players have been playing well consistently, Lakshya Sen, PV Sindhu, Satvik- Chirag, all have a better chance of winning the upcoming tournament as well. So here we bring you the proper details, Korea Open 2022 Badminton Schedule, Draw, Indian Players, Tickets Booking Details.
Korea Open 2022 Badminton Schedule
As we know that the tournament is going to begin on 5th April 2022, we bring you the entire schedule of the tournament as well.
- April 5-6: First-round matches commence
- April 7: Second-round matches Commence
- 8th April: Quarter-finals will commence
- April 9: Semi-finals will commence
- 10th April: Finals.
What is the Draws of Korea Open 2022?
The draws have been divided into sections where we will see 8 players going against each other in 4 slots. Since the first two sections already have concluded, take a look at the next sections. We have the 8 players under the Men’s Singles category that will be playing for the second round, L Claerbout, V Svendsen, L Sen, S H Rhustavito, Kim D-h, Ng T Y, Weng HY, and Cheam J W.
- South Korea Lee D-k vs Czech Republic J Louda.
- Japan K Watanabe vs Thailand K Vitidsarn.
- Japan K Naraoka vs Algeria K Mammeri.
- Malaysia Soong J V vs Indonesia J Christie
- Isreal M Zilberman vs China Li SF
- Malaysia Liew D vs India S Kidambi
- Algeria Y S Medel vs Thailand K Wangcharoen
- Singapore J Teh vs South Korea Son W-h
Women Singles Draw
The Women Singles matches have also been started the first two sections have been played and we have Chen YF from China vs Kim G-e from South Korea, Lee S-y from South Korea vs Goh J W Malaysia, R Intanon Thailand vs K Gilmour Scotland, and P Chochuwong from Thailand playing against each other for the second round.
- Thailand S Katethong vs China Wang ZY
- South Korea Kim H-m vs Thailand B Ongbamrungphan
- Hungary D Gonda vs Japan A Ohori .
- USA L Lam vs India P. V. Sindhu
- France Y Hoyaux vs Czech Republic K Tomalová
- Japan S Kawakami vs Canada M Li
- South Korea Sim Y-j vs Singapore Yeo J M
- India S K P Kudaravalli vs South Korea An S-y
Who is the Indian players of the Korea Open 2022?
Here we have all the players representing team India under different categories playing. So check it out now.
Men’s Singles: Parupalli Kashyap, Kidambi Srikanth, Sourabh Verma, HS Prannoy, Kiran George, Lakshya Sen,
Women’s Singles: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, Malvika Bansod, Sri Krishna Priya Kudaravalli
Men’s Doubles: B. Sumeeth Reddy-Navaneeth Bokka, MR Arjun-Dhruv Kapila,Krishna Prasad Garaga-Vishnuvardhan Goud Panjala, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty.
Women’s Doubles: Ashwini Ponnappa-N Sikki Reddy, Palak Arora-Unnati Hooda
Mixed Doubles: Ashwini Ponnappa-B. Sumeeth Reddy.
How to Book Tickets? Where to Watch?
The matches are going to be held at Suncheon in South Korea, so people can go online to the site and check the tickets that will be sold to the public to watch the matches live from the court. However, there is not much information which is available online for the same.
Meanwhile, to match the matches live by online streaming and telecasting, Voot Select is the best source for the same. It will be streaming the entire tournament live on your devices vis an App or Website. In order to watch it on your television, you can tune into channels like VH1, MTV, and History TV18. The telecasting will begin only for Quarterfinals and Finals.